1. All beneficiaries of SGLI, TSGLI, FSGLI, or VGLI proceeds are eligible to receive Beneficiary Financial Counseling Services provided through an independent professional services firm. Under this benefit, beneficiaries receive no-cost, personalized, objective financial advice if they choose to take advantage of the service.
2. The beneficiary will receive a free detailed personalized financial plan if requested, and toll-free access to financial counselors, as well as additional financial counseling resources. This service is a free lifetime benefit.
3. Beneficiary Financial Counseling is provided at no extra cost to the insured (i.e. premiums will not increase) or the beneficiary. In addition, the independent firm will not sell any products to the beneficiary and counselors receive no commission for their services.
4. Upon the death or traumatic injury of the insured, the Office of Servicemembers' Group Life Insurance will provide information to the beneficiary/insured on how to contact the firm to take advantage of this benefit.
5. You may find more information at www.insurance.va.gov.
1. All beneficiaries of SGLI, TSGLI, FSGLI, or VGLI proceeds are eligible to receive online will preparation services provided through an independent professional services firm. Under this benefit, beneficiaries receive free, personalized, objective will preparation if they choose to take advantage of the service.
2. The beneficiary will be able to quickly and easily prepare a will without an attorney. After answering a series of straightforward questions, the beneficiary will receive a legal will, valid in all states, ready to print and sign.
Veterans Crisis Line:
1-800-273-8255 (Press 1)
U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs | 810 Vermont Avenue, NW Washington DC 20420
Last updated April 4, 2017