Non-VA Resources for Student Veterans and School Administrators
Weve compiled a list of non-VA resources and websites that might be useful to student Veterans and those who support them. These are non-VA links, and so we do not endorse and are not responsible for the linked content. We can update links and add morejust email us with your feedback.
Jump to information in the following categories:
Certifying Official Links
State Veterans Benefits and Departments of Higher Education
Federal Government Web Sites
These sites are maintained by the U.S. Military and the Department of Homeland Security.
- SallieMae - Student financial aid Program.
- U.S. Department of Education Guide to Federal Student Aid Programs - This website list many different types of student aid available and allows users to find aid tailored to their specific circumstances.
- Military Award Program - Imagine America is proud to announce a Military Scholarship Program.
- National Military Family Association - This site has useful information for military families as well as a scholarship program for spouses of military members.
- MilitaryScholar.org - This site offers a scholarship for children of military members.
- Student Loan Resource for Service Members - U.S. Department of Education and Student Loan Servicers Collaborate to Provide Timely, Useful Information
Tillman Military Scholars Program -The Pat Tillman Foundation’s Tillman Military Scholars program supports our nation’s active and Veteran Servicemembers and their families by removing financial barriers to completing a degree or certification program of choice. The scholarships cover not only direct study-related expenses such as tuition and fees, but also other needs, including housing and child care.
Miscellaneous & Employment
- Student Veterans of America - An organization dedicated to creating an environment that fosters a smooth transition into institutions of higher education for student veterans while maintaining an open and progressive dialogue among student veterans nationwide and their counterparts in their respective educational institutions.
- American Council on Education - ACE evaluation teams provide clear guidelines to interpret and recommend credit for formal service-school courses, demonstrated proficiency in military occupations, and college-level tests.
- Graduate Record Examinations - This site is the Graduate Record Exam Online. Topics include Financial Aid, Sample Test Questions, Practice And Reference Materials, and other related information.
- Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) -The CHEA Database of Institutions and Programs Accredited by Recognized United States Accrediting Organizations provides the largest and most comprehensive Web-based listing of accredited institutions and programs in the U.S. The database is maintained on the CHEA Website at http://www.chea.org/search/ and updated regularly. Users of the database can easily find whether an institution or program is accredited, the organization that has awarded the accreditation, and where the institution or program is located. For more detailed information, links to all institutions, programs and accrediting organizations are provided as well. NOTE: VA approval should NOT be inferred just because a program or institution is on this listing.
- America's Job Bank - Post your resume to reach employers nationwide.
- America's Career Info Net - Information source for Career Decisions, National and state-by-state labor market data. Employment trends, wages and more.
- College Navigator - This website from the U.S. Department of Education helps you find a college that fits your needs. It contains detailed information on public and private colleges throughout the nation.
- VA Guard & Reserve Page - This website shows all the benefits VA offers to National Guard and Reserve members.